For photographic safaris, tours and workshops in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, world renowned and acclaimed wildlife photographer Joe Lategan has pooled his years of personal experience in the Kgalagadi as a wildlife conservationist and professional photographer to offer the best wildlife photographic tour packages to other photographers and kindred spirits.
Joe will introduce you to different approaches and strategies on how to capture arguably the best predator-prey interactions in Africa. The open desert landscape lends itself to clear sprinting grounds for cheetah to catch prey in clear view of the tourists/photographers almost on a daily basis and thus has become one of the most popular predator action photographic opportunities.
KGALAGADI WILDLIFE & DESERT - 5 DAYS 4 Nights
R23 750.00 per person sharing
R36 800.00 - Single person
KGALAGADI WILDLIFE & DESERT - 7 DAYS 6 Nights
R37 850.00 per person sharing
R55 600.00 - Single person
KGALAGADI WILDLIFE & DESERT - 8 DAYS 7 Nights
R41 050.00 per person sharing
R62 200.00 - Single person
- Lodge Accommodation may be booked at various popular camps and lodges inside and outside the park to optimize photographic opportunities which will include wildlife (e.g. lion, leopard, cheetah, giraffe and antelope) - landscape, - astro- and macro photography. (Please note: accommodation units not necessarily air-conditioned as it might vary between chalets, tented camps or basic units with fans - Please specify should you want aircon units only)
- Vehicles and Fuel
- Conservation Fees
- Meals and refreshments included (all alcoholic beverages excluded)
- Real time assistance and guidance where necessary during daily photographic excursions and end of day tutorials scheduled on Day 1 and 2 will include for example practical application and basic photo editing techniques in any editing software.
- Flights/Air Transport (We will collect and drop off at Upington Airport.
- Camera Gear
KGALAGADI TO NAMIBIA: DESERT TO DESERT ROUND TRIP - 11 DAYS
R57 850.00 per person sharing
R89 280.00 - Single person
- Day 1 – 3 Upington - Kgalagadi
- Day 4 Mata Mata – Aus – Wild horses
- Day 5 - 6 Kolmanskop – Ghost town - Luderitz
- Day 7 Ai-Ais – Fish River Canyon (Richter’s Veld Park)
- Day 8 Ai- Ais - Springbok
- Day 9 Springbok – Augrabies National Park
- Day 10 Augrabies National Park
- Day 11 Augrabies – Upington
ETOSHA - 7 DAYS 6 Nights
R48 370.00 per person sharing
R74 280.00 - Single person
Etosha National Park is one of Africa’s most iconic and celebrated national parks, adored by many. It seems to hold a particularly special place in the heart of photographers. The Wildlife, the Light and the Landscapes at the waterholes is something that will capture your heart and stay in your memories forever. Many will signal Etosha out as their absolute favourite African park, and will come back here time and again.
Etosha National Park spans an area of 22,270 square kilometres and gets its name from the large Etosha pan which is almost entirely within the park. The Etosha pan (4,760 square kilometres) covers 23% of the area of the total area of the Etosha National Park. The park is home to hundreds of species of mammals, birds and reptiles, including several threatened and endangered species such as the black rhinoceros.
The name Etosha (spelled Etotha in early literature) comes from Oshindonga word meaning “Great White Place” referring to the Etosha pan. The Hai//om called the pan Khubus which means "totally bare, white place with lots of dust". The pan is also known as Chums which refers to the noise made by a person's feet when walking on the clay of the pan.
What to expect on this Safari
Etosha is home to an extensive variety of wildlife as well as bird life. The Park consist of some great waterholes for sightings with great backdrops and skies. We will show you how to capture the special times in the right way and allow you to have the opportunity to capture winning shots.
We will also share some knowledge of the wildlife, birds and landscapes that you will encounter on this safari and show you how to use you camera to capture all these as good as possible.
The waterholes inside/close to the camps which are floodlit provide excellent photographic opportunities for day and night photography so remember to pack your tripod and flash for those long exposures and astro photography
There are five sites inside the park with lodges and four with facilities for camping. All sites have game-proof fences. Dolomite Camp, Halali, Namutoni, Okaukeujo, Onkosi & Olifantsrus. We will choose which camps are best suited for the time of the Safari and also to availability.
One of the Best Wildlife and Landscape Opportunities in the world
You will be guided and hosted by professional guides and photographers
Novice and Amateurs welcome - learn the secrets behind successful wildlife photography
Night photography available in and around camp with floodlit waterholes close by
- All meals and refreshments
- All Conservation Fees
- Vehicles & Fuel
- Lodge Accommodation
- Real time assistance and guidance where necessary during daily photographic excursions and end of day tutorials where necessary
- Transport to and back to airport (Windhoek only)
- Flights/Air Transport
- Camera Gear
All Rights Reserved. All Images/Artwork/Fine Art Photography - Copyright Joe Lategan © 2021